Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Packages of Love

Love for Wes and Me
Our good friends, Bill and Christine, sent an amazing Valentines Day package. Christine has an amazing talent of packaging with style. The whole box was beautiful... outfitted with Pink and Purple wrapping paper and crinkles :-) It was beautiful and certainly expressed love. Notice-- the beloved Cream of Mushroom soup ... yes it is amazing. Don't take Campbell's it for granted America (and Betty Crocker... she is another amazing one)

Love for Me and Tadpole (newest nickname for Baby Thomas)

My Mom and Karen have done a fabulous job to make sure I have baby needs met... you might be thinking... what possible baby needs do you have without the baby here yet...

First- Vitamins. I have always been and off and on vitamin taker... but while tadpole is growing... I am dedicated :-)

Second- Maternity clothes- now I know may of you are saying... Chinese people get pregnant can't you find clothes there... if you could only see the pregnant women here... in fact, that might be a new mission of mine-- capture the pregnant women of Hengyang.
The maternity clothes of choice-- Quilted Matching Set Pajamas. Yep... PJs. I don't understand it... but my Chinese friends tell me it is convenient for them to get out of bed, leave the house and then get back in bed. (I will try to capture the convenience and display in a future post)
My comment-- THANK YOU Mom and Karen for not making me look like this!! :-) I now have 2 Maternity Yoga Pants, Belly Band, Black teaching pants and a cute shirt.

Third- Important all time favorite snacks-- Lance Crackers. These are a necessity in life.

Forth- Karen sent a super cute outfit for tadpole. She calculated that the little one will be 3 months at Christmas and now officially has an outfit for the occasion :-) Super sweet.

1 comment:

  1. yay for pkgs! we have a vday pkg too, waiting for us. now only if the campus PO would open so I could retrieve it!! hang in there with the clothes..I know they look terrible here! you can always use the rubber band trick on your pants. for shirts, look for the bohemian style...big and flowy. I wore lots of those with Josiah.

    ReplyDelete