Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Reality Check

Today is a beautiful sunny day in Hengyang. It is a little chilly... enough to wear a sweater but warm enough that you can't see your breath. Wes and I did a little venture out today ... just to get out for a bit. We went to the other side of town. We had just walked across a busy intersection, I was looking back at the intersection and saw the traffic guy kick a man on a his moving motorcycle... within seconds the motorcycle t-bones a taxi. The driver flies off his bike and hits the ground. I stand off to the side ... helplessly watching it all take place. Within an instant my whole body becomes hot and my lunch nearly comes for a revisit. The man did not move for minutes... my thoughts... he isn't alive. But after what seemed like forever, he sat up. His life spared by the Father. Hurt, nonetheless, but alive.
What a reminder to me... life is fragile.
And after the shock and sick feelings wore off... I thought about how Mototaxis are not a good option for getting around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment