Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

2 Months


I can't believe that Parker is 2 months old!! When we left the hospital they said "no returns, refunds or exchanges" :) ... BUT thankfully the thought has never crossed our minds... we are smitten with him.

Sleep!
Well... coming to China certainly put a kink in our sleep schedule. For about a week, Parker couldn't figure out night from day... so he was up every 3 hours all the time :) It took us a long time to get over jet lag but we did it. He is sleeping about 6 hours during the night then waking up ready to eat. I am hoping we will progress from 6 to 8 :) Mommy would LOVE to get some more sleep. BUT as my dad said the night we went to the hospital-- enjoy one last night... you will not get another "good" nights rest for 18 years (or maybe he said longer) Right now, I believe it :)

Eating
He is still a good eater. Consistent on every 3 hours during the day. He started spitting up a LOT!! I tend to keep a bib on him and a burp cloth on me :) I think yesterday he spit up or peed on 4 of mommy's outfits. Needless to say- I washed my clothes last night so I would have something to wear today.

Playing
He is LOVING his activity gym. I would say this is the BEST baby purchase to date. He loves the lights and hanging toys. He always lets me know when the music stops with a "Aaahht" :)
He hasn't taken to a lovey yet. He loves holding onto my hair and burp cloths... hum... I hope the burp cloth isn't going to be his lovey :)

Loving
Parker loves to be held. I love to snuggle with him and read him a book. Since he doesn't care about pictures yet... I simply read out loud to him whatever book I am reading. Currently a Lynn Austin book on 2 Chronicles. He loves it :)

Some Pics
Bath Time with my Rubber Ducky (thanks Aunt Ashley)

Learning how to Pray-hands folded and eyes closed
Hanging out with Mommy in the Beijing Airport
Love my puppy dog!! (we bought him this puppy from Ikea the weekend we found it he was a boy... it is super soft and Parker LOVES to rub it and occasionally eat it)

3 comments:

  1. So glad to see that the adjustment is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can see both of you and Wes in him. How fun! Keep the photos coming. I would love to see some of you guys too! Lifting your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mallary.
    Portia- you are too funny. I feel like the camera is always pointed at Parker :) I will try to get some with of us too :) Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete