Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Made it

I told you I had just a few pics from our journey... here they are--
Parker chilling in his own seat :) Loved having a place to put him down for a bit. Flight from Atlanta to Seattle.

Smiling in the arms of his favorite crew member. Funny, I went to the back of the plane looking for an empty set of arms that could hold Parker while I went to the bathroom. I found two ladies (\that had a very sour puss look on their faces and James. James said with a smile- "Is there anything we can get for you?" I start to put Parker in his arms and ask him to hold the baby so I could go to the bathroom. I come out to this--


The rest of the story--

We made it to Hengyang! Hooray.
I left off the previous post with landing in Beijing and our bags missing in action. Well-- great news-- our bags were found! PTL.
Other adventurous (deciding not to use the word dramatic) events that occurred-- my China cell phone (that is really cute pink with flowers) is gone. I know where it is, however, the taxi driver refuses to surrender it :( When I got in the private taxi to go to my room for the night in Beijing I tried to call Wes... my phone that hadn't been used in several months said that payment was required... so I set it down. Being 12:00 am, I didn't remember to pick it back up and it is forever gone.
We didn't explore much in Beijing. Simply exchanged money, got diapers and went to try and get noodles at my favorite Beef Noodle shop which I found was out of business.
We got up the next morning early to get our newly found bags and catch a flight to Changsha. The flight was good and 2.5 hours later we landed in Changsha. I was greeted by Wes, my Chinese boss (Wei Fei Fei) and Cathy (a teammate)
Fei Fei got me these beautiful flowers. They are water lilies... she told me the Chinese meaning of this flower is "the family will be harmonious" Love it.

We got in the car and drove 2.5 hours south to Hengyang. It is a scary drive... many times I had to remind myself that Parker is in the hands of the Father as we bobbed and weaved through big trucks with Parker sitting on my lap.
I came home to a refrigerate full of home cooked meals by the girls on our team :) Thank you so much ladies. And a rock hard bed which I didn't miss a bit but was so thankful to be in.

Today, we have been fighting jet lag... rather I say-- I have been fighting jet lag. Parker is sleeping so hard and when I wake him up to feed him- it is like he is drugged. I know the feeling because my eyes are currently rolling to the back of my head... fighting to stay awake.

1 comment:

  1. So happy you made it Avery! Way to hang in there. Just reading about your welcome from Wei Fei Fei makes my heart ache a bit.

    ReplyDelete