Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Last Day with Teen Girls



For the past 2 years, I have been mentoring teenage girls. They definitely bring me a LOT of joy and youth!! Today was our last meeting. One has graduated from High School and moves on to Campbell University on a full scholarship. Two other girls are now Seniors in High School. All are headed to work at camp this summer!!
We have had an amazing time meeting together. Each Thursday my house smelled of brownies (with sprinkles) and around 7 was filled with laughter and stories of boys, friends and the Good Book. I will miss these girls.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Avery,
    Jessica (Faison) Hoover here. Really loved reading your blog because my husband and I are in the same position minus trying to sell a house. We will be leaving for Liberia,West Africa in early September. You can follow our journey over at www.thehooversinternational.blogspot.com
    I too am in the process of saying goodbye to some teen girls. The getting rid of clothes you like part is sad...we are having a HUGE yard sale this weekend in an effort to get rid of stuff! Keep in touch! I would love to follow this adventure!

    ReplyDelete