Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

China's Birthday Present to Me

Many of you know my birthday is May 1... and I am thrilled to say... China has decided to give me a birthday present
Check out the news story

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12844671

"China is set to introduce a smoking ban in most public places.
According to the Health Ministry, the new regulation will come into effect on 1 May in public places including buses, restaurants and bars."

I would love to be optimistic about that this will be enforced in good ole Hengyang... BUT I have decided to not hold my breath.... well actually I hold my breath a lot while smoke is being puffed all around me.

My latest Chinese phrase-- Please stop smoking, I am pregnant.

1 comment:

  1. i heard about this! haha i look forward to the day that i can say "please stop smoking, i am pregnant" too, it's a great excuse to have :)

    ReplyDelete