Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Personal Study


This semester, one of my teammates and I, are completing the Beth Moore Study- Breaking Free. We are currently on Week 2.
I wanted to share a couple things that have really spoken to my heart-
1. The Father desires for us to experience His Peace
So, many of us have heard the song- Peace Like a River- and know that it comes straight from the Book (see Is. 48:18-19) BUT what is our view of this?
Beth Moore expanded my views that a river is not stagnant but a "moving stream of water... He does not say I give you peace like a pond" A river is a flowing body of water. It goes over rocks and sticks... it sometimes takes dramatic turns. I would challenge you to take a look at a River and get a good picture ... maybe even a river with rapids. I took the below picture of a river in NC during the spring... to me it perfectly portrays a river... rocks, sticks and all!! Life and peace is not promised to be stagnant... but He does promise to give us peace like a river... a peace that "can be retained while life twist and turns and rolls over boulders"

"To have peace like a river is to have security and tranquility of heart and mind while meeting many bumps and unexpected turns in life's journey through change."

2. During week 2 audio session Beth Moore suggest that in order to experience LIBERTY ... we must do a continually in-dept study of the Book. We cannot expect to live in freedom and liberty with only a 5 minute devotions. She says these devotionals are good and have a needed place for morning refreshment... but the intimate knowledge of the Book is essential. See John 8-- then you will know the TRUTH and the TRUTH will set you free.
What is the TRUTH-- the Words of our Father.

These are just a couple things that have struck me. Every now and then... I may let you know some other things the Father is teaching me through this study in future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment