Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Grandma

This morning I have been thinking a lot about my sweet Grandma. She went to be with the Lord 3 years ago in February. BUT this time of year, being Easter, reminds me a lot of her. As a child, I spent MANY Easters/ Spring Breaks with her. My parents would drive me to Roanoke and leave me for a week of FUN with Grandma. I was remembering this morning-- always getting a new Easter dress (even though I packed one-- the one I packed never seemed to "do" for the Easter service), playing Skip Bo, dying eggs, making candy (toffee, Reece Cups, white chocolate clown lolly pops) We always had a blast!!
Just some thoughts about one of my life's great inspirations.



PS... she would probably throw a little fit if she knew that I was displaying this picture... but it is the only picture I have in digital form :-) and it really shows the super fun side that I LOVED about her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment