Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 1. What age do you miss the most?

As I think back about the earliest I can remember and the years following... I can't help but to think how I loved it all!! I had a great childhood.
I mean 5 years old was great- Spring time with Grandma, Kindergarten with Mrs. Owen (affectionately known as Mrs. Owl to all students), playing outside, my first TV commercial debut (and my last), dresses with Chuck Taylor shoes and long blond hair in a pony-tail. You can see here a cake for my 21st birthday with that great 5 year old photo.

But 7 years old was also a great age. My parents took my sister and I on a BIG RV trip around America. We saw everything from Yellowstone to the Grand Canyon to the Golden Gate Bridge.

High School was also a great age... I pretty much have great memories from High School- particularly my Senior year. What isn't to love about off-campus lunches, Ford Ranger sidestep pickup truck, great friends= fun times, Senior Picnic, Senior Prom, LEAD class where I did my internship at Wake Forest Pediatrics... my dad even let me practice drawing his blood.
My Dad is awesome!! He didn't even flinch and he told me I could have as many sticks with the needle as necessary :-) until the blood started to flow. Thankfully it only took one try.
High School was fun... BUT then there was college and for 2.5 years- college with my MOM!! That was awesome. We had so much fun together at Wake Tech and NCSU.

Pretending to study in the library...

My college friend- Kate- who to this day remains one of the best friends in my life.

Or good friends... who were there for a season and you stop and wonder what is going on with them today-
Love you Beth!!

Or my friends from Saks Fifth Avenue

Then right after college... I mean 22 was great!! I met the love of my life! Dating was great!! Rascal Flatts Concerts, long walks at night, Cookout Milkshakes, Biltmore, Hiking... we had a blast.

Or maybe 23... when I got engaged.

Or maybe it was age 23 and a half... when I got married.

Or maybe it is 27 ... pregnant with our first son.
After full contemplation- my mind cannot be made up. All my years have been good. Of course I have had down times... broken arm, broken hearts, saying good-bye (miss you Grandma)
To pick a most missed ... can't seem to do it... but love the thoughts of all the great ages I have had.

**Note- you do see that I completely left out the "Middle-School" age... I would say this would be my most awkard age... and therefore not missed!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. what a fun blog project and post! haha thanks for sharing the old photos and memories, i wish i had enough time and discipline to do something like this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Jodi... you can do it with me. It's summer :-) all you have is time!!

    ReplyDelete