Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 11. Post a recipe.

I am a huge fan of hot beverages in the winter time (yes I am aware it was over 100 degrees outside today)
Despite the heat outside today, remember it will get cold outside again and you will be wanting something hot and comforting to drink-- this is one of my favorite hot drink mixtures. It reminds me of my mom!!

Friendship Tea

What you need:
  • 1/2 cup instant tea powder
  • 1 cup sweetened lemonade powder
  • 1 cup orange-flavored drink mix (e.g. Tang)
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
How to make it:
  1. In a large bowl, combine instant tea, lemonade powder, orange drink mix, cinnamon and clove. Mix well and store in an airtight container.
  2. To serve, Put 2 to 3 teaspoons of mix in a mug. Stir in 1 cup of boiling water. Adjust to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment