Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 8. Have a beauty secret (e.g. hair tip, make up tip)? Share, please!

I don't know if any knowledge I possess is actually a secret-- but I can share some tips.

1. Make sure you don't skimp on cleaners and moisturizers for your face. I use a gentle cleanser and moisturizer purchased from my Dermatologist.

2. Drink Water!! Lots of water helps with good body conditions.

3. Hair-- I don't really think I have much advice in this category... I constantly fight with my humidity makes it frizzy, half way curly hair, never really long enough hair.
Advice-- if you can (not trying to cover up greys) go with your natural color. You really don't need to dye or highlights- God made the color specifically for your head- it's beautiful. Expensive shampoo really is better than the cheap stuff. Don't forget you heat protection products before you flat iron or curl.

4. Make-up- Ulta has GREAT eye-shadows (their own brand), good make-up brushes are expensive but worth the investment, go as natural as you can :-) I really like the mineral powders for light dusting and just a touch of Mascara to make you feel like your lashes are longer. ALWAYS have lip balm on. Shiny or colored lips make your whole face pop. Current favorites- Nivea A Kiss of Shine, Bath and Body Works C.O. Bigelow Mint or Cinnamon and for one expensive one-- Fresh Sugar.

5. A splash of fragrance is nice :-) everybody is different but find one that makes you smile (and smells good on you) :-) Just a little will do... don't need to overwhelm people.

Ok... there is my beauty blog... again nothing secret... just some personal advice.

For all you men--
-Don't skimp on washing and moisturizing your face... men get wrinkles too.
-Old Spice Deodorant is nice!
-Altoids for nice fresh breath.
-Get your hair cut regularly... it looks better.
-Don't wear make-up but a little Burt's Bees Chapstick never hurt a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment