Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Encouraging words from Amazing People back home

In this past weeks e-journal, I asked my friends and family back home to send me an encouraging verse for me to carry around.

Back up to Thanksgiving, I was feeling a little blue and put together a card to remind my heart to REJOICE in the Father... here is my 3X5 card from Thanksgiving...

Taste and see the Lord is GOOD!! I will praise God's name in song and glorify Him with thanksgiving. Give thanks to the Lord for HE is GOOD and His love endures forever. Give thanks in all circumstances (even when feeling homesick) for this is God's will for me. The Lord is my strength and shield. My heart will trust in HIM. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

I really enjoyed having this reminder in my pocket. Any time I needed a smile, I would just pull out my card and read it aloud. SO... I decided to do the same thing for Christmas :)
I have amazing friends and family. I am still working on the verse card... in fact... it will be sent out in this weeks e-journal.
BUT
Two friends sent something they read in their personal studies and I wanted to share them on the blog to encourage other ELI teachers away from their families... actually... I think they could encourage ALL my readers :)

Sweet Debbie H. read in InTouch Magazine an article by Charles Stanley and shared it with me... here is her amazing encouragement.
At the time she was pregnant, not yet married, and alone. No one could share her weighty calling - no one could give birth to the incarnate Messiah for her. But joy came from that wondrous presence within her, even as she would soon be deeply misunderstood and most likely shunned. There's something far beyond human comfort we can draw from the knowledge that JC is G d with us. There is life-giving courage. His presence tells us that loneliness isn't the whole of our story. It tells us that there's much more than what we initially see - that reality goes deeper than the surface of pain or even momentary happiness. JC has come to us right where we are, just as we are. He enters into our loss, comes to share our sorrows and infuse them with His healing presence. He is with us ( He is with you Avery).
And truly knowing that He's come to make His home in us - and invites us to make our home in Him - changes everything. The lonely space our heart currently navigates may not change, but the substance of our journey through it can be transformed. The true beauty of Christmas never fades and never loses its power. The great Light came quietly into the world to redeem it and has never stopped shinning. Even now, His presence surrounds you waiting to break through any shade of darkness to reveal itself as the truer, deeper reality of your life. So wherever you are,(China) no matter how alone you feel right now(homesick) make room for the Light to come. Because this is why He came -to be with you."

An amazing man, Ron D. (who I have had the extreme privileged to know since I was a youngin' and then to work for at Farm Bureau) sent this from his quiet time reflections in ... none other than... InTouch with Charles Stanley. (this man is putting out some amazing reflections)
If you can't read it ... click on the picture and it will enlarge for you :)

I am incredibly blessed with an amazing support group.
BE ENCOURAGED!!
Ok friends, one day left to submit verses. I will be sending out the Christmas 3x5 tomorrow. Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment