Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

What do you get...

What do you get when you mix 4 Chinese girls, Chick-flick, delicious food and me??
About 10 braids and a high side pony-tail. :)Almost like a middle-school sleep over ... except no sleeping over :)

My cooking girls come every Saturday night. Most Saturdays, we meet about 4:00 to buy vegetables and then cook. Eat around 6:00 then chat for a bit.
This past Saturday, Wes was gone to the new campus... so, I asked them if they wanted to stay and watch a movie. They picked out a great chick flick- No Reservations. We watched the movie for a bit ... and then somehow ... we started doing hair. I was giving them all elegant hair-dos and then it was my turn. Four girls pulling, brushing, braiding and laughing. They said they were making a "surprise for Wes" AND surprised was he :) I looked like his middle-school crush :) haha
It was lots of fun. As soon as they left... I got a text message that said "We had a really fun night. Love you!" Now that warmed my heart!!

1 comment:

  1. this is cool in so many ways. seems like those girls really look up to you, Avery, and anticipate their fun cooking and girl time with you each weekend. and the fact that you're doing hair shows a certain level of closeness in the friendships, don't you think? so cool!

    and it goes without saying that Parker is adorable.

    ReplyDelete