Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Crib Time


Recently, we have been trying to break the swaddle.  It hasn't gone as easy as I would have hoped.  After getting some advice from my "mommy friends" ... we started the one arm out method.  We have done this for 4 days.  I think he is finally use to it... but it has cut his nap time down.  He would sleep 2 hours swaddled but with one arm out... down to 1 to 1.5 hours.  So... when he wakes up and clearly isn't going back to sleep... he has "crib time."  He is allowed to play with blanket, bear bear or his paci :)  He seems to like it just fine. 

Yesterday I tried to do a body swaddle with two arms out ... the result- two hours of crying.  I check on him every 15 minutes.  This child just realy loves a swaddle.  I can just picture me going with him to kindergarden and having to swaddle my 5 year old for nap time-- yikes. 
Wes and I went on a semi-date last night... "semi" meaning we took Parker with us.  He was perfect on our date.  We walked home through the campus and he conked out.  This is how he came out of the Ergo carrier.... but as soon as he realized he wasn't swaddled or in mommy's arms... he woke up.

Moms any other advice??
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment