Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Water anybody??

 

Many of you know from my weekly e-journal that our running water has been shut off for some unknown reason.  One day it was off for 12 hours (retuning at 11:00 pm... turned off again by the time I woke up at 6:00)  and about 5 hours the following day.  I was beginning to wonder when our next shower would come... when our dishes would be washed... or better... when we would be able to flush the toilet. 
As soon as it came back on Wes said "Avery, grab your towel... water's back on"  We got a quick shower not knowing when the next one would be.  I thought it would be wise to wash the dishes that were beginning to pile up.  I filled our bathroom sink with water and brown water comes out.  After saying-- "GROSS I just showered in that"... I thought to myself... the dishes can wait :)  I did fill up two buckets for flushing the toilet ... just in case we had another 12 hours without water.
I never thought about hoarding clean water... but maybe it is a good idea :) 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment