Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Class is in Session- Students, please take your seats.

We had our first successful week of teaching. Right now, we are teaching Sophomore Oral English. In October, we will add Freshmen Oral English to our schedule as well.
Avery- My students were wonderful. My Sophomore classes are on Tuesday. We went over the class rules and syllabus. Their least favorite rule was "no cell phones" :-) I even had to take a couple phones in the middle of class. We also talked about goals. I had them write down goals they have and I collected them at the end of class. Here are a few of the goals from my students.
- Marry a good man so my life will be more beautiful
- I want to work as an office girl for a foreign company
- Make much money and let my parents live a good life
- Be a guide so that many will know about Chinese history
- Graduate from college and travel the whole world with my family
- Pass TEM 4 (major English test after Sophomore year determines your steps)

I really look forward to working with my students. I have already had one girl ask me if she could be my good friend.

Here is a picture of one of my class rooms. The room seats about 35 students. We have one large caulk board, wooden desk, podium for teacher. There is no A/C or heat. The class is two 50 minute periods with a 10 minute break in the middle.

1 comment:

  1. OMG you are all grown up now. You are in front of the class instead of being in the class. I know they love you! Their goals are very basic! By the end of the year that will want to come to America and teach Chinese! :)

    ReplyDelete