Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

my Freshmen classes

Today was my first day teaching my new freshmen students. Oh how different they are!! When I walked in to class... a gasp...then a "awwww"... then lots of whispering voices saying "a foreigner" Once I stepped onto the platform... a standing ovation with rounds of applause. I smile at the class... and hear in unison "ohhhhh" I pretend this is completely normal (of course every time I walk in a room I get a standing ovation with everyone present in complete awe of my presence) I pull out my lesson plan and handouts. As I am reviewing in my mind how class should go... 'click' 'click' 'click' pictures are being snapped ... (seriously, I am not kidding) After about 50 pictures (of me getting my stuff together to start class- none of which I am smiling for) I look up at a girl on the front row and she says "I can't help it, you are so beautiful" Oh China :-)

Welcome Freshmen!!

3 comments:

  1. Like I said...you are a rock star! A beautiful rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, It is an amazing culture, isn't it? In our short visit we grew to love the university climate, the adoration and smiles and willingness to learn.

    I am so embarrsed at my earlier comment I thought it was Avery writing and upon further contemplation, I decided it must have been Wes. So forgive me for my craziness ... maybe you could let readers like me know which one of you is writing the blog so I won't blunder again. ha, ha

    Glad you are enjoying your time there. You have a wonderful team there in your fine city. Thanks for the updates. (Portia's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! Makes you wanna stay in China forever, right?

    ReplyDelete