Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Last nights in Beijing

We finished our time in Beijing with great fun!! We went to a night market -- Wes ate Scorpion on a stick... which he said was crunchy. The neat/weird thing is ... these scorpions are alive moments before you eat them.








There many things in Beijing that make you laugh and some things that make you want to scream. While at the night market we saw a guy that decided he was tired and laid down to sleep in the middle of the side walk-- super funny-- people simply walked around him as if it was normal.

The crowdedness of everything at times makes you want to scream... sometimes you want to yell-- stop pushing, touching, shoving me. Beijing has 20 million people and there are times when you feel like all of them are on the same subway as you!!

2 comments:

  1. There have been so many times that I just wanted to go to sleep right where I was standing. Maybe I'll start this trend in the US of A! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm speechless about the scorpions! Wes, you're brave! As for the guy taking a nap, I'd like to see him try that in NYC:-).

    ReplyDelete