Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Baby Shower from Teammates



My teammates, Caroline and Portia (Caroline is the one right next to me and Portia is the one in the pinkish shirt) threw me a baby shower on Saturday. We had a great time eating snacks - good ones ... not Chinese snacks, playing games and a time of pr for me and the little one. Each of the girls worked hard to bring food or travel from another city (Rachel came from Changsha- she is the one holding the little boy) We had a great time.
The decorations were great-- balloons, flowers and stuffed animals. Each one of my Chinese friends took a balloon home with them. :)
The most meaningful time of the shower was the pr time. Each one of the Chinese girls talked to the Father about request for me and the baby. I have seen most of these girls grow from planted seeds... It was so special to hear them lifting up their hearts.
Thank you Caroline and Portia for planning the party. Thank you everyone who cooked and prepared food!! Thank you Rachel for coming from Changsha!! I had a great time!!

2 comments:

  1. yayy!! how fun :) baby showers in china are always fun hehe.. you're looking great avery! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope everyone had as good a time as I myself did! :)

    ReplyDelete