Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Godliness and Contentment

This semester I feel like the Father has put a focus on a quest for godliness in my life. Several times throughout the year, I have come to the verse:
1 Timothy 6:6~ "But godliness with contentment is great gain"

During office time, a student asked me "if in 18 years somebody ask your little boy 'what is your mom like?' what do you hope he will say?"

I took about 2 seconds to think about the question and the Father reminded me of my pursuit for godliness- I shared with her that first and foremost- I want my son to say that he has a godly mother. She took a moment to think about my answer and responded with "hum" :-)

Truly this is the desire of my heart. Some time back I ordered some books on Amazon.com - this is the one I have been going through for the last 20 days.

I have learned so much about the Body and it's leaders, false teachers, caring for other and today - lesson 21- godliness-1 Timothy 6:6- this verse portrays that one who is godly is content with the conditions of their life.

I feel like since living in China, the Father has truly worked on my heart in the area of contentment- many times during periods of not being able to get something I wanted.

Paul (author of 1 Timothy) continues with saying that contentment comes down to two necessities - food and clothing. I have both in China - even though it might not always be what I want to eat or want to wear-- The Father has abundantly provided. So-- I praise His name.

My "thoughts" -- Let me not forget His faithfulness and may I continue to pursue a life of godliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment