Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Birthday

I had a great birthday with Wes in Guangzhou. We really just relaxed-- needed. We did a lot of walking, eating Western food and talking.
Wes' dilemma this year- What do you get a pregnant woman in China?? Honestly there is nothing here that I would recommend he buy... so that means he would have to plan about 1.5 months in advance to order something from the States and have it shipped... OR be a little creative.
It is always good in China to go in with low or no expectations... BUT this I would say is pretty good.
Being pregnant in China- I cannot get the majority of my cravings- the only one that has been satisfied was Oatmeal Cookies (I made them myself) Stay with me on the rabbit trail-- the other day I said to Wes, "you know what I am craving?" of course he did not guess... answer- Dr. Pepper :-) He laughed and said-- "you have strange cravings."
While in Guangzhou we were on the manhunt for Doritos-- reason-- the last time we were in Guangzhou- we saw a girl walking with a bag of Doritos. We left last time stumped... no idea where she got them. This time we were on an all out mission. AND - Missions successful. On our second day- we found a tiny (let me repeat tiny) little store that was AMAZING!! It was like a pregnant woman's craving heaven BUT expensive. I did control myself. I got my Doritos and Dr. Pepper :-) and it was everything I wanted it to be!!
Happy Birthday to me!

2 comments:

  1. happy belated birthday avery!! glad you guys had a successful mission and time in guangzhou :) did you pick up any cantonese while there? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... no but my English improved :-)

    ReplyDelete