Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Children's Day

I sometimes joke with students about how many "holidays" China has... but many time I think it is OH SO TRUE!! June 1 is Children's Day. A day where children get whatever they want- candy, toys, games, McDonalds etc... Whatever they want.
We were slightly unaware of the fact it was Children's Day but quickly found out when we found McDonalds like this

It was a ZOO. Let me just imput- Chinese people do not know what a line is or how to wait in line. The cheer- Be aggressive... Be Be aggressive - comes to mind.
Later that evening we went to one of my favorite restaurants in Hengyang named Ethopia Coffee. It is more than just a coffee shop. On Children's day, a visit from Mickey Mouse and Minnie. I might have been as excited as the children in the restaurant. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment