Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Home

We made it home to sweet America yesterday (Sunday) MUCH thanks to John- who helped with our flight and updated my parents on our progress and my parents for remaining super flexible.

We had an amazing flight from Hong Kong to Detroit (14.5 hours) Once in Detroit- it looked like we weren't going to make it to Raleigh that day- we were standby for a flight that had many other folks hoping to get on it. Our backup plan was to stay the night in Detroit and try the next morning. While trying to get a pay phone to work and praying- the overbooked flight began to board about 1 hour after scheduled departure. Wes said, "how about you go over there and see if there is any hope." So, pregno belly me... went to put on my Southern charm. It worked - I am so thankful Wes suggest to give it a try. We got the last 2 seats on the plane!! Literally praising the Lord as we boarded. One of the flight crew members let me use his cell phone to call my dad and tell him "we were going to make it after all" - 1 hour and 6 minutes later-- we arrived at the RDU airport.

We were greeted by a GREAT Welcome Home sign, Chocolates, Daisies and the best-- LONG HUGS from my parents. It was great!! We headed down to baggage claim and had another surprise- John and Becky showed up to also welcome us home and help with bags. We felt so loved to have a welcome crew. Once all the bags were snug in the car- we headed to Bojangles for dinner. At Bojangles-- my sister and Salomon (drove from Greensboro) and Karen came to enjoy our first taste of Mr. Bo's in one year. Someone has pictures of all the action... but it my camera.
After dinner we came back to the lake house, unpacked and hit the sack. I did great until 3:30 am... then not so great. I tried really hard to sleep but it just wasn't happening. I ended up getting up at 4:30 am.

My goal was to stay awake the WHOLE day-- jet lag trick. It was SUPER hard. I mean SUPER hard. We went out to Belks, JC Penny and Wal-Mart... ate Chick-Fil-A for lunch, took a boat ride... And I am proud to say... I made it all day. No naps. I saw the beautiful sunset on the lake.

And now- I have just finished one small load of laundry and it is 9:30-- I can officially go to bed. Good night all... we are happy to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment