Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Leaving Hengyang

For about a week prior to leaving Hengyang - I cleaned and cleaned and packed and packed. I decided to bring home all of my teaching clothes since I will be taking care of our little boy full time next semester. I thought I would give you a glance of what is necessary to do (in my opinion) to prepare our Chinese home for the summer. We will be gone about 3 months.
First, like I said I cleaned- dusted, mopped, put every nick-nack in a box, cleaned out the refrigerator, put all American goodies in plastic containers and in shelves high off the ground, all clothes into vacuum pack bags... probably lots more but you might be bored with details. The morning we left- all sheets went in storage bags and the plastic came out. We put plastic over everything in hopes to limit the 'black dust of China' on furniture. Here is our bedroom.

We planned to leave our apartment at 9:00 to go to the fast train station and at 8:13 some of our close friends came to "send us off." It was so sweet to have our friends there to wish us well and tell us how much they will miss us over the summer.

And the last curiosity question you may have- what did we bring home. 4 suitcases (mostly empty) BUT we want to need the bags to bring things back for the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment