Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Goals ... February

It is really hard to believe that we are just about to the third month of the year!! What happened to January and February? It seems like just yesterday it was Christmas/New Year ... well at times it seems like yesterday I was 24 years old :) (I don't know why this number has stuck with me... but often I still think I am 24 :) haha
Anyways, since February is just about gone... I have done a look back and evaluation on my goals for 2012.
I just looked back at January and saw that I only updated you on my reading list (as I have the goal to read at least one fiction and non-fiction each month- no sandbagging or carry forwards) BUT I have other goals too. So a brief run through
Bible reading - Goal - Read through New Testament in 4 months. As of today, I am starting on Romans... on track to finish.
Memory work- not going great... need work in this area. - Goal - Memorize Romans 12:9-21 (equals out to about a verse a month)
Healthy living (including but not limited to weight loss) The month of January, I lost 5 pounds. February - I have consistently worked out every other day with Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred BUT I have done terrible in drinking water... so looking to March- I have set the goal to drink two Nalgene bottles of water a day.
Reading- For some reason, I have been on a non-fiction kick (surprise surprise- some of you know I devour fiction but get less than excited over non-fiction) BUT ... I have some great recommendations for you in the non-fiction department-

Behind the Veils of Yemen

Great read... I read this in about 2 days. It is more about Audra's experiences and life in Yemen then about what is behind the veil... BUT there is a lot of encouragement to get from this book...I really enjoying reading her story.

Warrior Prayers
This is an excellent book full of things to pray for your children. The author doesn't include many stories but rather a lot about how we need to pray Scripture for our boys. I highly recommend this book for reading... but more than reading... implementing into your prayer life.

Silent Tears

This is a collections of journal and blog entries from a lady that volunteers in a Chinese orphanage for 4 years. I loved reading about her culture experiences (can totally relate sometimes) and how she longed to make a difference in the lives of helpless children. It is heart-wrenching but very true look at what a government-owned orphanage is like.
There are 3 non-fiction for you. My fiction book was a great "beach" I read number 5 in the Shop-a-holic series. I don't highly recommend but it is cute and will give you some chuckles if you have read other in the series :)

So there you have it.
How are you doing on your goals? If you have already fell behind-- just pick them up again and start over... don't quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment