Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Goals

I did a post a little while back about Goals. One goal I have for 2012 is to read at least one fiction and one non-fiction book each month. Fiction is not a problem for me... I love to get lost in the characters and picture the story in my imagination. Non-fiction-- not always so great at "getting lost" in.
However, I am on my way to accomplishing my goal. The book I chose for January was How to Win Friend and Influence People
I have to admit... I did wait until Jan. 20 to get started- but it is a great book. I learned so much about interpersonal relationships (my college degree also dealt with this) I put a lot of what I learned into practice as I saw friends serving in various parts of China. I recommend this book to ALL.

I am on my way in February with my non-fiction already (I didn't want to leave it for last) This month I have chosen a book that will help me be a better wife.
Becoming the Woman of His Dreams

I am currently 60% of the way through the book. I am really enjoying the advice the author has. I also LOVE the fact she grew up in North Carolina... just a little tie to home.

A couple fiction recommendations for you
My Uncle Jess (stole this pic from the internet)wrote a WONDERFUL novel called Wings of Forever.

This is a great story of a pilot that goes on a mission. The story has a hint of love, danger, thrill and is just plain good story. If you have a kindle-- do what I did and buy it. You will enjoy it greatly.
Other Fiction from January
Song of Redemption - 2nd book in Lynn Austin Gods and Kings Series
Runaway Pastor's Wife (excellent book) by Diane Moody
When Love Finds You in Sunset Beach - by all time favorite author- Robin Jones Gunn

What have you been reading?? Any good recommendation for me to add to my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment