Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sausage making in China

Thanks to a website - Market to Meal - I was inspired to make sausage. This is the 3rd time I have done it successfully... so I thought I would share. I add my own little things to make it special.
Spices



2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 basil
1/2 tsp fennel seed
1/2 tsp sage
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp (or so) Cheyenne powder

Ground Pork- (mine here is about 1 pound)



Then the yucky part-- squishing your fingers through the meat to mix the spices.



Then make it into patties, ground it, freeze it for later... whatever you like.
Wes loves it any way on a biscuit.

My biscuit recipe- (altered from Market to Meal and Wycliffe cookbook)

2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup milk
1/4 cup oil

Mix dry ingredients. Measure milk and oil in the same measuring cup (put in milk first... then oil on top of milk measuring to 1 and 1/4 liquids)
Stir in liquids to dry ingredients. Don't over mix
Roll out on a flour surface.

Bake at 220 C for about 10-12 minutes. YUMMY!! According to Wes (a biscuit man) they are better than Hardees :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment